- Corrosion Experts
- Technical Groups
The Call for Awards is out and we’re looking for your nomination. With the Corrosion & Prevention 2023 Conference coming up quickly in November of this year, it’s time to recognise those who push out industry forward and put it on the sustainability map. Put your best foot forward for who you believe should be the esteemed recipient of the following awards:
- Corrosion Medal: established as the most prestigious award given out by the ACA, a recipient of the Corrosion Medal has demonstrated outstanding scientific or technical work in the field of corrosion in Australasia. This Medal is the highest honour a Member can receive from the ACA and is an indication of industry status and best practice. If you believe a Member has excelled beyond the norm in corrosion, put their name up for this nomination.
- Life Membership: established as a means of recognising longstanding Branch Membership loyalty and contribution. The person who receives this award must have been part of a Branch, Council, or Committee for an extended period of time. If you know of someone notable for their tenure, nominate them for the Life Membership.
- Honorary Medal: established to denote commitment and service to a Branch, the Honorary Medal is bestowed upon a Member for their outstanding contribution to their Branch. If there’s a Branch Member who you believe deserves recognition for their local contributions, submit them for this distinction.
- National YCG Award: established as a means of honouring the youth component of the ACA, this award is a nod to our emerging corrosion experts and enthusiasts in the industry. The National YCG Award can be given to any Member under the age of 35 who has made a notable and significant contribution towards the ACA and the broader field of corrosion in the last year.
- The Golden Trowel: established in 2019 by the Applicators Technical Group, this award is handed to a contractor for their contributions to the field of concrete remediation and protection. This nomination can be submitted for an individual or company. If you believe that someone has been exceptionally innovative in the field or contributed to the industry in a significant fashion, nominate them today!
- The Rust Award: established in 2013 by the Blast Cleaning & Coating Association, now a part of the Applicators Technical Group, this award is handed to a contractor who has had a meritorious or innovative performance in the field of protective coatings. This nomination can be submitted for an individual or company. If you know that contractor who has gone above and beyond for protecting coatings in the last year, propose them for this award so they receive the recognition they deserve.
- The Victor Nightingall Award: created by the Coatings Technical Group and named in honour of the Australian scientist and engineer who pioneered the inorganic zinc coating industry in the forties. This Award is given to a contractor who has been distinguished in the last year in the development, manufacturing, or application of protective coating or in who has acted in the advancement of the protective coatings industry. If you know that individual or company who exceeded in the field in the last twelve months, put their name out there so they can go into the running for this year’s award at Corrosion & Prevention 2023.
Also, don’t forget to submit below your abstracts for papers for Corrosion & Prevention 2023! Submissions end 31st of March to ensure proper consideration of all abstracts.