- Corrosion Experts
- Technical Groups
ACA GAA Hot Dip Galvanizing Inspector Program (HDG)
The objective of the 2-day Hot Dip Galvanizing Inspector Program (HDG) course is to train individuals to correctly assess the suitability of fabricated steel articles for the hot dip galvanizing process and to correctly inspect hot dip galvanized steel articles to ensure compliance to Australian, New Zealand and international Standards.
This course is delivered in partnership with Galvanizers Association of Australia.
Who should attend
Anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of galvanizing and inspection including Project Managers, Engineers, Maintenance and Quality Assurance/Control Personnel, Contractors and Specification Writers, and Coating Applicators.
This is a partnered course between the GAA and ACA with the objective of this two-day course to train individuals to correctly assess the suitability of fabricated steel articles for the hot dip galvanizing process and to correctly inspect hot dip galvanized steel articles to ensure compliance to Australian, New Zealand and international Standards.
Duration: 2 days
Method: Lecture format
- All course materials
- Full catering
- Examination materials
Prerequisites: ACA, AMPP or equivalent current certificate, or have at least 12 months experience in a galvanizing plant.
- An introduction to corrosion and its prevention
- Local & international hot dip galvanizing Standards
- Design considerations for inspection before galvanizing
- The hot dip galvanizing process
- Metallurgy of the hot dip galvanized coating
- The effect of steel chemistry and surface conditions
- Repair of damaged and uncoated areas of galvanized steel
- Inspection of jobs before, during and after galvanizing
- Development of inspection and test plans
- Statistical sampling for Test Reports
- Practical testing of real project items
Expression of Interest for Training Course
If you can’t find the course you are after, please fill in the expression of interest below and we will contact you when we schedule one.